It doesn’t take much to get me excited. I have been thrilled over buying fruit on sale or finding that perfect pen that rolls smoothly (in my opinion that’s a G2, but that’s a subject for another day). About 3 months ago, I was SO excited to discover Trader Joe’s “pre-riced” cauliflower! If you’ve ever “riced” cauliflower, you know what a big deal this is. I have left the mess of a thanksgiving dinner, trying to rice cauliflower! I kid you not, it was a near scarring experience.
Once I started regularly buying riced cauliflower, I had to find ways to use it, other than pizza crust. Over a couple of months of doing last-minute, what’s left in the fridge stir-frys, I found a combination that we kind of love! It’s refreshing, slightly sweet, and (not to toot my own horn) delicious! This is my go-to meal for the days that I do NOT want to cook, but I want to keep my good intentions for the week on track. This recipe keeps me from running for take-out because I don’t want to cook, but saves me from the, “well, there’s always next week” moment.
This is a real-life recipe. Meaning you should feel free to play with your own combinations, or whatever you have left in your fridge. Make it your own and let me know what variations you come up with! We ate this again tonight, and it made me that much more excited to share it with you!
- 4 Tbsp Coconut Aminos
- 1/4 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 tsp raw honey
- dash of salt
- 4 oz. smoked salmon, cut into the strips
- 3 1/2 cups cauli-rice
- 1 diced bell pepper
- 4 diced green onions
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Red Pepper Flakes (Optional)
- Stir together the sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside
- In a large skillet, heat the Olive Oil at medium-high heat
- Add the Cauli-Rice for 1 min, stirring occasionally
- Add the sauce to the skillet, stirring occasionally (for 1-2 minutes)
- Add the bell pepper and green onions, stir occasionally, cook for 1-2 minutes
- Lay the smoked salmon on top of the stir fry, do not stir.
- After a minute, flip over only the salmon, do not stir. Let cook until the salmon is warm to the touch. Do not overcook.
- Sprinkle with red pepper flakes to taste (optional)
- Serve Immediately
- Bon Apetite!
- Play with this recipe and add the vegetables you like! I'd love to hear about your variations.